Safe driving requires more than a seat-belt check each time you get in the car. Brookdale Toyota offers a list of safety measures to keep your family safe.
- Never use hot water to de-ice windows as the glass may crack or even shatter.
- After a significant snowfall, wipe taillights and headlights before driving.
- When not in use, secure booster seats as they become projectiles upon impact.
- Call 1-866-SEAT-CHECK to locate a safety inspection station.
- When on a road trip, be vigilant to ensure your car is not a theft target. Remove road maps from visible places and take the luggage with you.
- The trunk of your car should be locked all the time.
- Don’t use cruise control late at night or, when you are tired. If you nod off, the your car just might crash at the cruise control’s preset speed.